Interested in contributing a guest blog post? I welcome your ideas!
Here are some considerations:
- Please keep in mind that the main focus of the post should be about local culture and exploring this closely through travels. I am open to ideas, but will not accept “10 top things to do in X city or country” types of posts, because I’d love to hear about your personal experiences of travel.
- I will only accept original posts that have not been published elsewhere.
- As a general guideline, posts should at minimum be 600 words. I don’t believe in a strict maximum word count, as long as the post conveys everything you intend it to.
- Please do share original photos or videos for your post!
- What is it like to travel somewhere where you barely speak the language?
- How do you explore a local culture?
- Ever encountered an embarrassing situation while abroad? How did you cope?
- Dealt with culture shock? How did you overcome it?
- Share a story about interesting locals you met during your travels?
- What interesting meals have you tried?
- How do you immerse yourself in the local culture if you have limited time to visit a country?
The Submission Process
Please use the contact form to share an idea.
- Provide an intro. If you are new to the site, please briefly introduce yourself, and mention what topic you’re interested in writing about.
- Outline your idea. You don’t have to have a proposed title or a full post ready when you suggest the topic idea, but do let me know specifically what you have in mind (you can use bullet points to outline).
- Submit your post. Once I’ve accepted your post, please share a Word document, a bio with your blog link and two social media links, and clearly labeled photos/videos for the post.