Dates TBD in 2018
Have you heard a lot about New Orleans and always wanted to go, but haven’t had a chance yet? This September, join an intimate group of 10 fellow travelers on an exclusive cultural travel experience to New Orleans!
This is not the kind of trip where we’ll tick items off of a checklist or only visit the “must-see” sites. Embark with us on a 5-day stay in the “Big Easy” where we’ll immerse ourselves in the local culture, history, and cuisine and get to know this truly iconic city.
During our 5-day, 4-night stay, we will:
- Live in a beautifully-renovated Louisiana home that’s in short walking distance from the famous French Quarter and mere blocks away from Frenchmen Street, home to some of the city’s most popular live music venues
- Explore historic areas with a focus on local architecture in the Garden District
- Feast on traditional Creole and Cajun cuisine at a local chef’s home
- Visit city parks and town squares to absorb history and enjoy quiet retreats
- Stop for freshly-made Beignets at the beloved Cafe Du Monde
- Take the Canal Street ferry for the best city skyline views at night (a complimentary drink included when we de-board*)
- Journey on the St. Charles streetcar line to the end and back to see beautiful Southern mansions on the fanciest street in town
- Have drinks at a local jazz club and celebrate the city’s live music
- Revisit local history and experience art in various museums throughout the city
- Get a taste for behind-the-scenes Mardi Gras planning at Mardi Gras World
- Take a group swamp tour to see alligators and other wildlife
- Get spooked on a ghost tour and visit a historic, local cemetery
- Have free blocks of time to explore the city on your own and absorb the best of the city’s food and drink scenes, art, and other cultural spots.
- We will stay in a beautiful private, shared home in the heart of New Orleans.
- This home comes equipped with a custom chef’s kitchen, a sunny backyard, a large dining area, a big living area and a cozy den!
- The hosts will provide essential toiletries (shower gel, shampoo, conditioner) as well as plush cotton towels to make packing lighter.
- Other features of this home include central air conditioning, laundry (washer/dryer/iron), and high-speed Internet.
This trip package includes:
- 4 nights of accommodations
- Breakfasts served every day
- A complimentary drink* per person (*first drink of the night) on three separate nights
- A private multi-course meal with a renowned New Orleans chef
- Tickets for a swamp tour, Mardi Gras museum and several other museums, the ferry, and the streetcar, and other included activities
- A free Resources guide featuring additional local recommendations for restaurants, art, nightlife and more!
This package does not include:
- Travel insurance
- Transportation to/from the airport
Dates: TBD, 2018
Cost: $895/person (total)
After we receive your RSVP request, if we have a spot for you we will immediately send you a request for a $100 deposit payable online. This deposit will reserve your spot on the trip! Because of that, unfortunately, this deposit is not refundable.
The remaining balance to cover the full trip cost ($895) must be received no later than August 25. We will be able to offer partial refunds of $795 up until August 31. After that, unfortunately, we will not be able to offer a refund as we will already have paid for event tickets and lodging, and other included services.
If you have any questions about the trip or simply want to drop me a note, feel free to contact me, Nicolette, the founder of CultureTrav, anytime!