Everyone has a “bucket list” of things to do or places to visit. People travel to see the Eiffel Tower, the Great Wall of China, the Great Pyramid of Giza, or the Colosseum. Others enjoy exploring within their own countries.
Below, I’ve shared a list of ideal travel destinations. This list might be broad, but I had a difficult time “limiting” selections! There is much to explore. Every country has an interesting footprint – unique offerings, history or culture.
- Travel more within Europe/UK – Vienna, Prague, Athens (Parthenon) & Santorini, Scandinavian countries (Norwegian Fjords), Ireland. See Versailles, return to Paris.
- Bike from North to South in The Netherlands. Holland is known for its extensive bike paths, and it is simply a way of life to bike from one destination to another.
- Return to Morskie Oko/Zakopane in Poland. Zakopane has sentimental value to me as I often visited there with my grandparents and parents as a child.
- Revisit Iceland and explore the landscape. Mom and I once had a layover there, and walked around for hours, but it wasn’t enough time.
- Though I get cold easily cruising through Antarctica would be incredible.
- Snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef and travel through Australia.
- Hike throughout New Zealand.
- Since I was a child, I’ve been fascinated with sharks. Seeing great whites in Cape Town, South Africa would be a dream.
- Visit India, Japan, and Thailand.
- See the Great Wall of China.
- Go on safari in Kenya.
- Visit the Serengeti, Tanzania.
- Zip line/Hike in the Amazon.
- Relax in Hawaii/Maui or Costa Rica.
- Explore ancient ruins at Machu Picchu.
- Visit the Galapagos Islands.
- Travel through South/Central America.
For an overview of cities/states, this website provides interesting information of “must-sees” and trip ideas.
- Take a road trip throughout the U.S.
- See the Grand Canyon.
- Cities to see: New Orleans (Mardi Gras), Chicago, Minneapolis, etc.
- Explore the Western US more – Oregon, return to Montana, Arizona, Utah, Alaska, etc.
- Travel in the Midwest.
- Hike the Appalachian trail.
- Revisit San Francisco/Napa/Sonoma.
- Ride with a storm chaser.
Do you have a bucket list? Where would you go?